Tuesday 27 August 2013

By Grand Central Station, I Sat and Wept

No, I didn't. I ate a slice of pizza, but I doubt the book would have done as well had it had "pizza" in the title!

Grand Central Station is beautiful, with constellations on the light blue ceiling and the whispering wall (which works!).

We also went to the public library and knew the names of the magnificent lions (Patience and Fortitude), thanks to the mystery kids novel set in NYC we are reading.

And I would be remiss if I didn't add that a trip to the American Girl store was a highlight for all of us. It just made Amrita so happy to go there and get her doll. And the store is just like going to Disney World - they know all about little girls. They had the prettiest public bathroom I have ever seen.

The day ended with a trip to the public pool at Central Park. While it is a wonderful, Olympic size pool, the armed security guards made the experience less than relaxing. But I felt mostly safe.  

NYC is such a big, busy, crazy city that you never feel "safe" - especially when the subway train grinds to a halt between stations and you smell smoke but safe isn't the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment