Saturday 8 February 2014

What the Body Remembers

As I face the one-year anniversary of my big, life-changing surgery, I find myself still unable to move on.  Though, in many ways, I have made great strides, I can't seem to move past one fundamental problem.  I continue to have various symptoms.  Some, the very same that led me to the hospital in December 2012.  These symptoms last for weeks and months.  Then go away.  Then something else comes up. 

I don't know if it is my mind or body playing tricks on me.  I don't know what to do with them.  Follow up on them, and I am considered to be a hypochondriac or crazy.  Ignore them - at my peril. 

I don't mean to complain or be ungrateful.  But I do mean to be honest.  And it is hard.  But writing about it helps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment