Sunday 22 September 2013

May the Long Time Sun Shine Upon You

Today was our first mother-daughter yoga class.  Truth be told, I picked it as an introductory yoga class for me, since I was worried that a regular yoga class would be too hard for me.  I figured that I could manage a class that included 7 to 12 year olds.  Amrita isn't thrilled about mother-daughter yoga, but we've done it since she was a baby so it is kind of our thing.  And I thought it was so great for us to do the swimming together all summer, I wanted to keep doing something with her.

The magic of yoga worked.  It grounded me, made me less fearful. It made me feel as if I had had a massage - physical, psychological and spiritual.  One little yoga class, and I feel more in control again.  The magical power has always amazed me.  I must find a way to do it more.

And Amrita may not admit it, but she had a great time too!

May the Long Time Sun
Shine upon you
All love surround you
And the pure light within you
Guide your way on
Guide your way on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8eoEv1tnTU

No comments:

Post a Comment