Wednesday 25 September 2013

The Torture Continues

So to get the result of my last ultrasound test, from last Wednesday, I have to wait another week and then go for an appointment at the hospital. Not only that but my regular doctor is away for a year and I will have a locum telling me the results.  Either there is something wrong with my results or this is an administrive procedure where they can't give me results by phone.

I am so exhausted by appointments and tests and waits and new aches and pains. I had a short break from this over the summer, where I snatched every opportunity to go swimming, despite the constant thunder shower warnings, to make myself feel better. But now I am back at it. 

I was so hoping to be done by now. To enjoy Friday, a day I have taken off before I start my new job on Monday. I was hoping to start my new job without this hanging over my head. But that is not to be. I will have to start my job distracted, immediately asking for half a day off. 

I can simply choose not to worry. But it is easier said than done. 

It just doesn't seem right that I have to wait so long when it know that my results are just sitting there. I just need time with a doctor. Yet what am I supposed to do? The medical system is doing what it is supposed to do and anxiety is not a good enough reason to do things a different way. 


No comments:

Post a Comment