Saturday 13 July 2013

Today I am a little sad

Because I have had to say good-bye to two friends. 

One friend who lived around the corner and is moving away.  I walked by her house and it was dark and empty.  Yesterday, I saw the moving trucks in front of her house.  I feel sad for myself and Aveen who was her son's friend.  And what is better for a child than having a friend just around the corner?

And today I also said good-bye to another dear friend who is going back to her posting.  She will be back, and we have had a good visit, and we will be linked by continuous e-mail. But still.  She is going to be far for another year.

The pool was closed for cleaning today, so that was disappointing.  We went twice, expecting to swim, as it was supposed to be open but it was not but it was supposed to re-open but then it didn't. It would have been such a great day to swim.  Aveen and Amrita were hot and disappointed but not as much as me!  I felt some of those pains that really haven't been bothering me all week as long as I swim every day.  The pool better be open tomorrow!

One accomplishment is that I found a place for us to stay in New York the last week of August when we are planning to go.  It looks like a lovely brownstone which is what I wanted to get the true New York experience.  (In fact, I wanted a brownstone in Brooklyn but didn't find the right one.)  There wasn't very much available at an affordable price at this relatively late date.  Most of the places look very crammed in large apartment buildings.  This one looks quite beautiful with two stories and a terrace and is near Central Park.  I can't believe I am actually booking a trip again!

No comments:

Post a Comment